Duration: 2 years (Full Time)
- Open to students from all backgrounds.
- Applicants must have a sound academic record, and should have successfully completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree before the start of the programme. Minimum 55% marks, and 50% in case of SC/ST candidates.
- Applicants must be able to show a demonstrated commitment to improving the urban conditions.
- Anant National University is committed to diversity; we invite applications from students and professionals of all socio-economic backgrounds and geographies both in India and internationally.
About the programme:
The Master of Urban Design at AnantU is a two-year, full-time, multidisciplinary programme offered to graduates from design, architecture, planning, civil engineering, environmental engineering and social sciences backgrounds. It aims to endow students with analytical, design and communication skills to work within a more substantial framework of social, cultural, political and economic systems, and built environment as a response to the rapid urbanization. The students are trained to think, act, and intervene from the intersection of rigorous theoretical knowledge, critical technical understanding, passionate community engagement, and the ability to effectively and powerfully communicate design ideas. The programme is multi-scalar in scope encompassing the study of urban-regional fabrics, infrastructure, networks and flows.
As a MUD graduate, you can expect to develop skills that enable you to:
- Analyse existing urban issues through enquiry and introspection of current situation
- Understand interrelationships of urban systems and their contribution in making of cities
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team to evaluate urban issues
- Collation, analysis and visualisation of Big data
- Create simulations for future growth and development
- Elucidate urban issues and design solution through careful elucidation of existing research
- Design Implementation and strategic management of design solutions
- Draw learnings from reviewing best practices (national & international)
The Master of Urban Design programme at AnantU is predominantly structured around the three pillars of Theory, Design, and Implementation and Research.
Theory: Core courses will be offered to help develop an understanding and gain knowledge of the fundamentals of urbanism, urban design, and other interdisciplinary courses.
Design & Strategic Management: Students will gain skills required for urban analytics, mapping and representation, mapping softwares, 3D simulation and the implementation process. A large component of this pillar will be attained though the Design Charrettes. These make up for half the credits that need to be earned every semester.
There will be three Design Charrettes , which grow in scale and level of complexity of urban issues (Local Area to City to Region).
Research: There is a conscious effort to build and develop design innovations with careful review and understanding of best practices.
The Master of Urban Design programme is designed to develop a comprehensive vision to resolve urban issues through coalesce of Architecture, Planning & Strategic Management. The multidisciplinary approach to evaluate and unravel urban concerns is achieved through carefully curated multidisciplinary and multidimensional courses.
A student completes about 25% of the credits across varied multidisciplinary courses. Almost half of the credit and time is dedicated towards building professional capabilities through working on real life situations, urban issues across the Design Charrettes (Studio) . The Design Charrettes form an integral component of the programme, and escalated in terms of complexities, magnitude and impact of the issues addressed. The knowledge set attained through the design and strategic development courses, and multidisciplinary courses culminate into application during the Design Charrettes. Electives across all semester further provide sensitivity and edge to the student depending upon her inclination and interest.
Fellow, The RSA
Undergraduate diploma, AA School, London
MUP, CEPT University
BArch, TVB School of Habitat Studies
MUD, CEPT University
BArch, Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology
MArch, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid