Anant National University is on a mission to become a leading institute for Design education across the world. The University takes a holistic approach to learning; focussing on developing foundational skills of communication, personal leadership and critical thinking, alongside design education; for its UG, Masters and Fellowship programmes. Anant National University would in time be a fully residential university with a student body strength of 5000+ over the next five years. At present the student body strength is 600+ of which about 150 UG, and PG students (co-ed) are residing in off-campus hostel premises.
We are looking for an experienced warden for this premises. The ideal candidate should have significant experience in a similar role or roles requiring strong administrative and student interface. Having experience/training in student counselling is strongly preferred.
Major job responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- The Wardens shall perform such duties as are assigned to them by the Driector of Student Services from time to time and shall function under the over-allcharge of the Director.
- In addition to specific duties assigned by the Director, the Wardens shall perform the follo duties (non-exhaustive list):
- The Wardens shall be responsible for the health, hygiene and general welfare of the sts residing in the Hostels which are specifically assigned to him/her and shall attend to all matters of heath, sickness, diet,sanitation and cleanliness
- Be responsible for the resident students and shall ensure that the students concerned observe the rules framed for their guidance and maintenance of decorum.
- He/she shall have the right to inspect Hostel Rooms.
- Be responsible for the smooth functioning of the Hostels including
services such as electricity, water, sanitation, security, and housekeeping.
- Promptly take appropriate action within his/her power on all cases of misbehavior, indiscipline, and sickness of the residents in his/her charge and report to Director, Student Services and other higher authorities for cases beyond his/her powers.
- Be available in the hostel office every day at specified hours.
- Be responsible for the proper upkeep and maintenance of properties of the hostel under his/her charge.
- Prepare for all possible eventualities and emergencies and maintain strong relations with local hospital, police station, fire station, etc.
- Work with RAs to ensure a vibrant community and interaction between students at the hostel. Be vigilant to cases or harassment, substance abuse, and psychological stress that students may be facing.
- Be responsible for maintaining a friendly and homely environment at the hostel
- Coordinate and oversee dining arrangements at the hostel as well as
transport arrangements to and from the campus.
The Anant National University hostel is located at Bodakdev. The warden will be expected to stay on the premises itself.