Anant Fellowship is Anant National University’s flagship program – a one-year post-graduate program for the Built Environment. The Associate Academic Manager – Liberal Arts track, would help with supervision and management of student academic needs across the Societal and Cultural, Communications, and Self Growth tracks. The Academic Manager (AM) will work under the joint direction of the course instructors and the academic director and will be expected to assist with the implementation of instructional plans. We require our AMs to be proactive about working with our students to promote their educational, social and emotional development and to develop methods towards ensuring the academic engagement of students.
The position offers the opportunity to teach with and learn from some of the biggest experts in humanities, liberal arts, management, and communications (indicative list: Amareswar Galla, Michel Danino, Indira Parikh, Amit Kumar, Hemen Sanghvi and others). The role is ideal for someone looking to pursue or boost their academic career.
The ideal applicant will have 3-5 years experience working in an educational institution. The AM must be attentive to the unique needs of each student and be able to identify proper solutions when students encounter issues. You should have strong interpersonal skills, as you will be working closely with senior faculty members, instructors and students from diverse backgrounds.
Responsibilities of the Academic Associate will include the following:
- Classroom facilitation and Conducting office hours, to reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups and provide support required by students to deliver assignments.
- Guiding and supporting Fellows on their Live Action Project.
- Preparing for lessons, by collecting reading lists from faculty in advance of each course, procuring specified readings, circulating them to students, ensuring in a systematic way that students engage with the readings, ensuring that equipment and other materials necessary for conducting the class, such as computers, etc., are in place.
- Coordinating assignments, including ensuring specification of deadlines for the course by faculty and the communication of needs of these assignments to students, support students with their needs in relation to assignments, ensure high quality submissions by checking for citations, plagiarism, and so on.
- Auditing the class, by systematically documenting learning objectives, methods, teaching resources used and so on, for various courses.
- Managing other faculty requirements, such as logistical support for field visits, setting up the teaching-learning space as required, arranging for guest lectures if suggested by faculty, and so on.
- Recordkeeping, such as tracking attendance, credits and calculating grades
- The incumbent may also be required to play other roles at the university besides providing academic support
Eligibility criteria + Skills required:
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Be a graduate or postgraduate in the domain of architecture, design, and planning with a track record of academic excellence (Mandatory Requirement)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience, preferably working in an educational institution in a similar capacity
- Looking to make or boost their career in academia
- Be keen to engage with young people, and develop systems and methods to increase their academic engagement and support their needs. Any demonstrated experience in this regard would be an added asset.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills. While English communication skills are a must, good communication skills in Hindi and one other language are desirable.
- Be proficient with team and project management software