About Bloom is AnantU’s wellbeing initiative – a one-of-a-kind wellbeing centre focusing on not just mental, but also physical and emotional wellbeing and habits of mind and heart to enable our AnantU community to truly thrive. A human being is a combination of heart, mind, body, and soul and all of these need to be in alignment for an individual to feel happy and engage to their fullest potential.
The Bloom Centre at Anant focuses on the following –
- Physical Wellbeing: Physical wellbeing initiatives range from sports and recreation, to various fitness regimes, and even health and nutrition.
- Emotional Wellbeing: Skills such as gratitude, deep listening, difficult conversations, conflict management, dealing with failures, all constitute part of Bloom’s emotional wellbeing offerings.
- Mental Wellbeing: Through workshops, in-house counselling support, and 24×7 online access to counsellors we strive to create a safe space for our community members to get access to the right support in the way or form they feel most comfortable.
- Habits of the heart: This part of Bloom’s offering relates to developing long-term skills of success such as resilience, identifying purpose, empathy, and openness to learning.
These four aspects of wellbeing are offered through a combination of workshops, course curriculum, activities, and events.
As Assistant Manager, Wellbeing Initiatives, you would be expected to support the Director in defining, developing, implementing, and managing various policies and activities in order to promote the physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing of the entire Anant community. The role would also encompass medical services on campus as well as tie-ups with hospitals and insurance firms.
Major job responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Planning activities for the entire year to be offered under the Bloom umbrella
- Defining outcomes and measurement frameworks for each of the initiatives
- Execute and manage logistics for all the initiatives
- Identifying experts for each of the areas and building relationships with them
- Stay up-to-date with market information on initiatives being undertaken by various universities and organisations around the world
- Create and curate content for the university blog on articles and best practices related to wellbeing
- Based on interest, write research papers and/or articles based on primary and secondary research on various aspects of wellbeing
Please note that since the Bloom Centre is being set up at Anant, the job responsibilities may be more or less expansive than stated above. Given the nascent and dynamic nature of this role, we prefer candidates with –
- UG or Masters in Psychology
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with the ability to execute and take things to closure
- Experience of working on wellbeing initiatives or with young people is a must
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial and problem-solving ability. The incumbent would be expected to think on her/his feet and strike a good balance between student expectations and university policies.
- Willingness to go beyond their defined job role and do what it takes to ensure smooth functioning of university operations, events, student initiatives etc.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Good verbal and written communication skills and basic to good research skills.